We are always excited about welcoming new patients to our office! Your initial appointment will be an informative and comprehensive examination where we will discuss your treatment options and address any questions and/or concerns you may have. This initial exam is approximately 30 minutes in length. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve an additional 30 minutes of time to obtain complete diagnostic records. These records include digital X-rays, digital photos and 3D scanning for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan for you.
We truly believe that treatment decisions are best made when the patient and/or parent is fully educated and informed as to the proposed treatment. If both parents will be participating in the commitment to treatment, we encourage both parties to be present, if at all possible.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Please assist us by providing the following information at your initial visit:
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information, we will be able to give you an accurate breakdown of your "out-of-pocket" costs.