COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
May 14, 2020
Storms Orthodontics COVID-19 Guidelines
Hello Friends! We’ve missed you all!
It’s been a crazy few months for all of us. We are looking forward to getting back to work but want to discuss a few changes with you. We will be following some new guidelines to allow us to get back to work while maintaining social distancing. We started using these guidelines for a few days before our office was shut down, and will be using them again as we reopen.
We were required to shut down by the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and we will be following their guidance as we reopen. Appointments will be different than they have in the past. Eventually, things will get back to normal, but we are going to make the best of the situation and make it a positive experience for everyone.
Our primary commitment and goal (other than a great treatment experience and result) is the safety of our patients. We will follow all infection control guidelines issued by the American Dental Association (ADA), ADH, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are trained in infection control and will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our patients and ourselves.
We are going to start slowly on Monday May 11. We are not permitted to see our normal number of scheduled patients. Here are some of our new office protocols:
· We will be screening every person that comes into the building. Everyone that comes into the office will have their temperature taken and answer a list of questions. Our staff will have the same screening as our patients every day.
· We ask that all patients come into the office by themselves. Exceptions will be made for younger patients that require the necessity of a parent, but only 1 parent will be allowed. We must minimize the number of people in the office at one time.
· Siblings of patients will not be able to enter the building. Please make arrangements for siblings or remain in the car with them.
Adult patients will not be able to bring their kids into the office with them.
Our reception area and tooth brushing station will remain closed until further notice. Please brush at home before your appointment.
· Patients will be asked to call the office to check in once they arrive. One of our staff members will come outside to notify you and/or your child when we are ready for their appointment. Parent/caregiver will be notified of treatment details at the completion of the appointment.
· Staff will be available for phone calls and emails to answer any questions that you may have regarding treatment. I (Dr. Storms) will be available at any time, also.
· We require all patients/parents to wear a mask in the office and keep the mask on until they are in the clinic chair and again out of the office once their appointment is over. Patients/parents will need to provide their own masks as we must maintain our supply to continue to be allowed to see our patients.
· All patients will wash their hands for 20 seconds once they enter the office and will use a pre-treatment mouth rinse before their appointment. Patients will be required to wash their hands for 20 seconds at the end of the appointment as well. These are ADH mandated requirements.
· We are required to have more time in between appointments resulting in fewer appointment slots per day. Please understand that we will get all of our patients taken care of as soon as possible, but there will be limits on how many patients we can see on a daily basis for a period of time as we reopen.
We will call you to schedule your appointments.
We are not permitted, per ADH, to see any patients/parents/caregivers aged 65 or over that presents with an uncontrolled ASA 2 systemic disease or any patients with any systemic diseases under the current guidelines unless there is an emergency situation.
I know that most of you will want to be seen in the office ASAP. We will get all of you taken care of! Please bear with us and understand that we are doing everything that we can to get you back into the office but we must follow all guidelines from the ADH.
We are looking forward to seeing each and every one of you. I love what I do and I miss the team that I get to work with and the patients that we get to treat. Things will get back to normal.
We will work with you and I ask that you work with us.
Dr. Storms and Team
Storms Ortho is now offering virtual courtesy consultations for those interested in pursuing Orthodontic treatment to transform their smiles!
Listen to what Dr. Storms and Anna have to say in the videos regarding this new option for our practice.